As with most Americans my weight has been an up and down battle, but every since I had my son it has mostly been an up and up and up...Well, you get the picture. I've tried a lot of fad diets, plans, and even one endorsed by healthcare professionals, but I failed. They might have all been great programs and plans that would work for someone more determined. I just wasn't, until now.
|Photo courtesy of ReBody|
I eat for a number of reasons. Very rarely out of true hunger. Stress, boredom...bring on the chocolate, chips and soda. For the next week, I'm going to be more honest with my readers than I've been with myself my whole life. I will be posting what I eat, how much I exercise, and how much the RE*BODY Hunger Chews help my appetite or not.
Yesterday, my DAY 1.
- Breakfast~ 2 waffles and 3 strips of Bacon. Not the greatest diet food, but I was making this for my son. I made the same for myself.
- Mid Morning~ I felt the Huge Cravings coming on so I did as I read on the Hunger Chews pack I ate one of the orange chews. It helped hold me off til lunch.
- Lunch~ I shared a Lean Cuisine french bread pizza with my son along with some cracker chips.
- Supper~ Subway sandwhich with baked chips and a cookie. (guilty)
I didn't have the best of days for starting, I had to go to the grocery store. My 2 year old was being a 2 year old, so I was stressed out. Though I truly feel I did better than most days on snacking.( I forgot to eat a second chew before supper, I might have eaten less if I had.) There are other things I'm doing different than I normally do. I'm trying to drink more water. I'm trying to exercise. I didn't get any exercise worthy of noting yesterday. I weighed myself when I first got up in the morning, and I will let you know if I gained or lost at the end of this week.
Today has been much better, read about it tomorrow on Day 2. Thanks for following my journey.
Day 2~ My frame of mind was more determined today. I can do it. I will do it. I will have the will power!
- Breakfast was a Chocolate Protein Shake. Much better than yesterday!
- At about 10 am I had a glass of iced coffee.Mmmmmm.
- 11:30 am I had ate a RE*Body Hunger Chew thinking we would have our lunch sometime soon.
- 12:30 my son came in asking for, " nummy nummy" his word for yummy food. I fixed him something to eat. Thinking I would eat a little later, since I was in the middle of typing a post for my blog. :-D
- Forgot Lunch. Seriously. I forgot to eat. My husband called me from work to tell me he was going to be home sooner than planned, so I would know in case I wanted to start supper earlier.
- I went to the kitchen to fix our supper, and realized...I didn't eat lunch. I'm not advocating skipping meals. I don't think I've ever forgot to eat in my life. I've fasted before for religious or medical reasons. I remember thinking it was going to kill me. Today, I just forgot. Wow.
- 4:30 pm I fixed homemade chili and popped in a hunger chew before eating. I had one bowl of chili, then went back for another. Even while I was dipping my second bowl I thought I don't really need this. I ate most of the second bowl. Then I felt over-full. Miserable. I hate feeling bloated and stuffed.
- I didn't eat any evening snacks, since I was overstuffed from supper. I did drink some juice and water.
- I didn't get in any exercise besides a little housework. I felt today was a success for drinking more water and juice. I don't usually drink much of any liquid except coffee, so that was a good change.
I started this day off strong, I'm gaining momentum each day. I'm proud to say, I didn't have any stress eating on day 3!
- Breakfast~ Chocolate protein shake
- Mid-Morning snack my iced coffee drink then a bottle of water.
- Ate my RE*BODY Hunger Chew...Yum. I'm really liking these, I don't know if it's psychological or what. They have helped me control my snacking.
- Lunch~ Left over chili, only one bowl, :-) and a glass of juice.
- Another RE*BODY Hunger Chew.
- Protein Shake for supper, then a snack of about 10 crackers with some lite cream cheese.Bottled water.
- Tylenol with glass of water before bed due to my wisdom teeth coming in. Yuck. My mouth is killing me today, so I know I won't be eating too much on day 4.
- Breakfast was a protein shake.
- Next I ate my Hunger Chew, and didn't eat anything else until lunch
- Lunch we were eating out, and I had a chicken sandwich and a baked potato with a diet soda.
- Supper was another protein shake since my mouth was killing me.
- I was going out with my mom to go see cirque du soleil (it was awesome by the way). I ate a RE*BODY Hunger chew before leaving, so I wouldn't be tempted to snack.
This will be my last posting for my RE*BODY Hunger Chews. I would recommend these to anyone trying to jumpstart your diet, or just trying to hang tough. They have helped me kick my unhealthy snacking habits, and really boosted my confidence in my own will power! This past week has been killer for me, and in spite of all the stress I've been experiencing I have LOST WEIGHT!!! Some people stop eating when stressed out, me I normally eat everything in sight, and whatever can be had through a drive-thru. This week has been a great test of what the Hunger Chews can really help with. The cravings were there, then I would eat the RE*BODY Hunger Chew, and I would feel satisfied. After 5 days of cutting calories, drinking more water, and using the Hunger Chews to curb stress/boredom eating. I have lost 2.6 lbs!!! I'm sure results will vary depending on the person, but for me they have been a huge help in kicking off my weight-loss journey. I'm thankful that RE*BODY gave me this opportunity to try out their product! ~ Beck
|Image courtesy of www.myrebody.com|
To learn more about the whole RE*BODY product line visit http://www.myrebody.com/
(To do this review I was given (1) 30 count package of RE*BODY Hunger Chews) While the product was free to me, I have not been compensated in any form for any statements made above or in the past or future.All views and opinions are my own. RE*BODY Hunger Chews
I received a free full-sized 30 count package of Hunger Chews for my review. They arrived, and I tried one right away. They were not what I expected. The flavor is Mandarin Orange, and it is naturally flavored. It was very sweet, but not gummy. I was surprised it made my mouth water, and dissolved rather quickly. They have 20 calories per serving, and 0 fat. I liked the taste. The first night I tried one, before I was actually starting (a diet) I thought I noticed a difference. I had made myself a bowl full of frozen yogurt, but I didn't finish it all. I only ate about half, and I felt full. (That's just not normal for me)
The package states:
- Control hunger and overeating
- Curb sugar and snack cravings
- Help inhibit emotional eating impulses ( my biggest problem)
- Active ingredient Satiereal Saffron Extract 88.5
If you are interested in learning more about RE*BODY and the Hunger Chews click here to visit their site, and see all of their available products.
You can also find them on facebook by clicking here.