Saturday Boredom Buster!

The Booper and I were home all day today. My husband was working and we had no errands to run, and no where to go. The Booper just kept following me around so closely, when I would stop he would actually bump into me. I decided to pull out a fun thing I had saved back for a day just like today.



When I was a kid I used to love these paint with water books, they were so much fun. Since the Booper has been old enough I had been searching for these paint with water books everywhere with no luck. Then one day looking in a dollar section I noticed they had some small paint with water books. I was so excited you would have thought I hit the jackpot. I bought a couple for the Boop, and a few for my niece and nephew who live nearby.

So back to our boring Saturday...After he bumped into me for about the hundredth time. I was standing in my kitchen wondering how I was going to get anything accomplished and keep him happy at the same time. Then it hit me I had those paint with water books set back, so I pulled them out and got out our supplies.
  • Paint with Water Books
  • Bowl of Water it doesn't take much! 
  • Paint Brushes
The total cost of our supplies $1 for the book + $1.97 for the brushes = $2.97 for a great time! 
I sat with him for a while to help him get started and see how it worked, then he was ready to go for it. He needed a paint brush for both hands! If you have a toddler you probably know what I'm talking about when I say he always needs something for each hand. He painted mostly with his right hand, but at times had both brushes going. The best part about this simple boredom buster was I cleaned out our fridge, and got started on our dishes all while he was contained and having a great time. He was so proud of his artwork we had to hang it on our now clean fridge. We still have several pages left to paint, and I'll be keeping this in mind for any other day when we need a boredom buster! ~Becky

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED those! I'll have to keep my eye out for them. I'm sure Miss Ell would love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a child yet that didn't love these books!

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!