Simple Salad~ How do you dress up your greens?

Do you ever get into a food rut? My family tends to eat a lot of the same things all the time. We have been trying to lose weight(my husband and I), so we are eating lots of salads. This is the salad we are having with our supper tonight. A simple salad, one that I fix a lot. Iceburg, Romain, and Baby Spinach, along with some sliced sweet peppers and shaved carrots. Here are some of the toppings I could think of. I don't have every topping on my salad at the same time, so just some different variations to mix things up.
Add some variety to your salad by trying some of these toppings that you might not have tried before!
  • Carrots
  • Snap peas
  •  Peppers~banana peppers, sweet peppers, bell peppers, or hots
  • Tomatoes
  • Onions~ there are lots of different types to choose from.
  • Boiled egg
  • Grilled corn
  • Spinach
  • Squash
  • Water chestnuts
  • Nuts~pecans are my favorite!
  • Fresh fruit or dried fruit~ I love dried cranberries on my salad!
  • Seeds~sesame, sunflower, pumpkin just to name a few
  • Croutons
  • Bacon pieces
  • Tuna~ my husband eats this on his salads a lot...I just don't care for it that way. 
  • Meats~ chicken, turkey, steak
  • No Meat~ add beans, tofu or other protein substitutes.
  • Dressing~ if you need it!
 I'm sure I'm missing some great ones...
Leave a comment, and let me know how do you dress up your greens? ~ Beck

1 comment:

  1. Are you having salad today? Maybe one with your Easter dinner? Hope you are having pecans; it's pecan day. I like olive oil and vinegar on mine, my daughter piles on salsa, and my husband wants cottage cheese. We all love salad. They just look very different.

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!