~Summer Blog Challenge~ Day 15

June 15-- Post a photo you took that you're proud of.

 I have so many pictures I love, because I love the faces of those captured in the shot. I couldn't choose one of those, because I would always be leaving someone out.

I chose this picture I took of a tree. My husband and I used to drive past this tree, on a country road out in the middle of nowhere. We would see it when we were heading to a friend's house. This tree just stood out, a little lonely all by itself in a field. I felt sorry for it, and loved it at the same time.I always told my husband, one day I'm going to bring my camera and take a picture of that tree. Finally, I remembered to bring my camera one day, but it was slightly overcast, and the sky was dark. I thought, "well doesn't that just figure, the one day I remember it's clouded over."  My husband isn't always patient...haha. He slowed the car down, and I had a chance to take one shot, and he took off. I was aggravated with him for not letting me get out of the car, I looked closely at my screen, but it was dark, I couldn't even tell if I had caught the full tree in the frame. When we came home later, I loaded my pictures from that day onto my computer, and I gasped. I had caught "my tree" in it's full beauty. This picture of a lone standing tree, battered by time, and the elements with all it's moodiness that the sky lent that day, will always be one of my favorite photos. If I ever have the chance, I would love to paint this. For whatever reason, I think this shot just begs to be painted. Enjoy "my tree", I do.~ Beck

Going Green with the Grizls

10 comments:

  1. That's an amazing photo! I love the clouds, the shadows. The fact that you had just that one shot. :) Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should so paint this tree or do it the pastels! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this photo. I have trees that feel like friends... I so understand your process. I wish you could go back and sit under it awhile, take a photo from underneath....

    I am grateful tro have hopped over here from the Summer Blog Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it really wants you to paint it...haha.. I love the 'deep value' in it ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. That tree stands with such mysterious grace. I absolutely love it!

    -Tony Salmeron

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought it was a painting, at first! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this photo also. It is a very unique tree that has a story to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this photo, what a great shot, and I love the story behind it too. I can totally see this as a painting also.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're right, it almost looks like a painting already. Very cool picture!

    ReplyDelete

Love This? Share It!